On April 18th the Judges in the Tribunal delivered a very powerful message to the world. Monsanto is violating basic human rights to food, health and a healthy environment and this could be considered as ecocide if this crime would be recognized in international law. The legal opinion is a strong message to corporations, governments and United Nations, but also to the consumers and producers in the world.
Now this process lies in our and your hands. The wider we can spread the message, the stronger the effect. No longer should crimes against humanity and nature go unpunished, no longer should the cost of pollution and destruction be neglected. Help us to spread the opinion in as many networks as possible: consumers, lawyers, government circles, companies etc.
Please help us spread the legal opinion:
- Write about it in your newsletter and publications, with a link to the legal opinion (also available in French, Spanish, Dutch and German on the other versions of the website)
- Repeat the message several times
- Organise a presentation or discussion about the legal opinion
- Write letters to legal or government organisations about this legal opinion
- Send us your ideas to create attention for this important opinion
In case you are not able to help us directly in dissemination the legal opinion, you might be able to give us some financial support. This will enable us to spread the opinion in as many networks as possible to maximize the effect. Most of the work in the Monsanto Tribunal was done by volunteers including the judges, but we need some staff to help us do the office work. If we can afford it we will also look to help Monsanto victims in their court cases and help to start new cases. Additionally, we have started a new plan to calculate the true cost of Monsanto (and Bayer if the merger goes ahead) activity. So please donate, small or large donations are very welcome on:
Stichting Monsanto Tribunal (Foundation)
Triodos Bank, The Netherlands
Tjerk Dalhuisen, communication team